Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Next Up... Davis Pentathlon

*I've been getting some traffic for the Davis Pentathlon, apparently I rank 1st on Google for it, so I thought I'd move up the the meet info for everybody. It's Sunday OCT 25th at the Schaal Aquatic center, warm up is at 10:30. You can get a pdf of the event notice here. I'll be there by myself so say hi if you see me! -Rob D.

**Update 2: The meet was this last weekend and it was a great time. You can see my wrap up here. Results are now online, see them here.


Now that I've gotten my first masters event out of the way I've been looking for other swim meets to enter. The upside of being in the San Luis Obispo area is that I'm within striking distance of Southern Pacific Masters and Pacific Masters events, the downside is that none of them seem to be within a 3 hour drive of me (save the once a year SLO meet). I either have to trek into LA or the Bay Area. I think I'm going to try and hit the following meets: Davis Pentathlon on OCT 5th, UCLA Bruins SCM Meet OCT 25th OCT 18th, SLO Gobbler Classic NOV 22nd, and the SPMA Championships hosted by the Long Beach Grunions DEC 6-7th.

I signed up today for the Sacramento Masters - UCD Women's Swimming 35th Annual Sprint Short Course Meters Pentathlon (pdf of event notice). Davis is pretty far from here (about 5 hours!) but my little brother lives there and I've never been up to visit. The pentathlon consists of 5 events: 50 fly, 50 back, 50 breast, 50 fly, and 100 IM. It's a short course meters event so I have no idea what my times should be in these events so I made up my best guesses... we'll see how close I am. I did one of these events back in high school and it was a lot of fun so I'm excited to do another one.

Schaal Pool
Shaal Aquatic Center at UC Davis

After taking 2 days off from swimming I'm going to get back into the water tonight. I have to readjust my training now for shorter distance events as opposed to small landmass circumnavigation.

No comments: