Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dryland Excitement

I go out of my way to stay out of the truck and do most of my getting around by bike. So every work day I ride around 4-6 miles a day as just incidental movement going about my business. Today I went on a nice long ride up highway 1 today instead of hitting the pool.

I think it's a good thing to mix it up a little bit so you don't burn yourself out on just swimming. I ride, swim and do some weight lifting in the course of my week. I'd like to be able to run every once and a while but a back injury pretty much shuts that down. I had some really bad lower back problems in the Army that aren't necessarily better, I just know now what not to do, and swimming is probably the best workout I can get without hurting myself.

I might do a little lifting later today, but I don't think I'm going to hit the pool again until tomorrow.

No comments: