Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bald Guy with a Swim Cap?

I had a meeting today up in San Luis Obispo so when I was done I ran downtown to Sports Authority to see if I could find a suit that I liked for the race this weekend. It took some searching but I found some competitive swim suits hidden behind a bunch of other crap. I picked up a red and black suit that matches my suave new red swim cap. Something about having a shaved head and buying a swim cap gets you weird looks from cashiers. I've never been one for wearing swim caps but every thing I read about open water leads me to believe this is a good time to make an exception. So if you're at the race on Sunday I'll be the bald guy with the red cap and a farmer's tan looking really apprehensive about what I've decided to do.

Alright back to business... tonight I didn't do a ton of yardage, I want to just keep my shoulders loose. I mainly focused on having a long, steady stroke.

500 free warm up

100 Kick
100 IM
100 Free
100 kick
100 IM
100 Free
100 Kick

500 Free

1700 yards total, plus a trip to the hot tub!

No comments: