Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm Gonna Do It!

So I decided to step up and sign up for the Naples Island Swim. I'm going down to LA Saturday night and Sunday morning I'm going to swim. I have two goals for the race 1) Finish 2)Beat somebody... anybody.

So in preparation I'm doing a lot of distance and cardio work this week. I rode about 13 miles on my bike after work and made my way to the pool around 8 to get in about 3000 yards.

Here's my workout for tonight, you might notice a little bit of a pattern:

500 freestyle
100 kick

500 freestyle
100 kick

500 freestyle
100 kick

500 freestyle
100 kick

600 whatever the hell I felt like :)
I did a lot of breast stroke and freestyle with my head out of the water as practice for dealing with open water

3000 yards total

I think the rest of the week is going to be more of the same. No weights, just biking and swimming.

No comments: