Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Swimsuit Upgrade!

I keep seeing people with these various "technical" suits at the meets I've been to recently. Fancy jammers, long john type things, full body suits and short johns. I decided to give one of these suits a try. Luckily since it's winter in most of the country there are some deals to be had out there for us Californian swimmers (BTW how nice is it to swim outside comfortably in late October?). I picked up a TYR Aqua Shift Zipperback Short John from swimoutlet.com. The retail on the suit is around $220 and I bought it for $109 with free shipping... not a bad deal. The only thing I am apprehensive about is how it's going to either fit or not fit. I'm built kind of weird so I'm not sure how this is going to go. The biggest size they had was 38 so I got that. They only had a blue/white suit in stock... I wanted black, but hey what are you going to do? Looking around the rest of the web no one seems to have one of these in a size bigger than a 32 which isn't going to work on me. I can't wait to get this thing in the mail so I can try it out.

I'm hoping to get back into the pool tomorrow after my weekend out and about in LA. I got home Monday night and I had a meeting tonight that kept me from getting to the pool. I need to keep focusing on butterfly and building up my endurance. I also have the Candy Corn Classic on Saturday so I have to make sure and spend some time on the bike!

No comments: